It is with great pleasure to announce that Dr. Michael G. Koehler has been selected as a member of the 2019 Class of Fellows of the American Chemical Society. This recognition honors members for their outstanding achievements in and contributions to the science, the profession, and the Society. Dr. Koehler will be honored at the ACS National Meeting in San Diego, California on August 26, 2019. Congratulations, Dr. Koehler!
- We were proud to support the Naperville Education Foundation with our school-empowered sponsorship for Scott Elementary School at the March, 2019 26th Annual Building a Passion Breakfast Fundraiser. We continue to give back with ongoing support of the students of Naperville Community Unit School District 203. Thank you to Roch and Debbie Shipley for their involvement and generosity.
- Michael G. Koehler, Ph.D. represented Professional Analysis at the American Chemical Society annual National Meeting in Orlando, Florida, on March 29, where he presented during a full day workshop called “Why it went wrong: Blame-free investigation of lab-scale incidents.” For more information, please visit the event website at ACS National Meeting 2019.
- WE’VE MOVED!! As of February 1, 2019, we will be in our new location. Our updated facility will allow us to offer the same level of capabilities and service. Please make a note of our new address and contact us for a tour. The address for our offices, lab, and warehouse / testing facility is now — 4951 Indiana Ave, Suite 600, Lisle, IL 60532.
- In November, Timothy M. Hicks attended a joint SAE Chicago and IEEE Chicago Section event to hear Dr. Egil Juliussen, from IHS Markit, present on “Perspective to 2040: Autonomous vehicles & mobility-as-a-service”. Thank you to BMW North America for hosting this popular topic and making this a successful event.
- The SAE Chicago Section has kicked off another year with their first meeting this week. Congratulations to Timothy M. Hicks for taking on the Chairperson position for the Section Officer board.
- Dr. Roch J. Shipley has been re-appointed as Treasurer of the Failure Analysis Society (FAS) by the ASM International Board of Directors. The Society’s aim is to promote safer, more reliable products by studying the many ways in which failures occur and to educate the larger engineering, manufacturing, and user communities regarding their findings.
- Our Bosch Vehicle Crash Data Retrieval (CDR 19.0) now includes Volvo, Volkswagon, BMW, Nissan/Infinity, Maserati, Mazda and many more vehicles through the 2018 model year. Learn more on this subject here…
- Car safety technologies help drivers avoid crashes. But did you know that some car safety technologies can even help accident investigators understand what occurred in the moments before a crash? Learn more from an article published by Timothy M. Hicks, for the MyCarDoesWhat campaign and the National Safety Council (NSC). Find it here https://mycardoeswhat.org/crash-avoidance-technology-helping-investigators-understand-crashes