Our civil engineering experts provide engineering services for investigating and determining the origin and cause of failures involving civil works, structures, roofs, walls, foundations, and manufacturing operations. We look at how the intricate connected parts worked to form the system, and which part of that system failed. Civil engineering and structural engineering issues may result in the loss of property, production, or injury and/or death. Our expertise covers a broad range of investigations, from the failure of residential attic ventilation to the collapse or detonation of large structures.
Expert Civil Engineering and Structural Engineering Solutions
Our engineering experience includes:
- Building structure and foundation failure during or after construction as a result of wind, tornado, hurricane, long term deterioration, overloading, or inadequate design and construction techniques.
- Civil works collapse or failure during or after construction due to overloading, foundation failure, and/or the failure to operate within government regulations and standards.
- Roadway pavement and sewer/storm system failure due to flooding, design, construction, and long-term deterioration.
- Collapse of cranes due to weather conditions, and failure to follow safety protocols.
- Highway bridge damage and failure due to long term deterioration and/or impact of noncomplying roadway haulers.
- Manufacturing operations such as stamping, foundry, resource recovery, asphalt production, and failure to operate within government regulations and standards.
- Blast and concussion damage due to mining, unplanned explosions above and below grade, and nearby construction activity.
- The disruption of manufacturing and productions facilities due to the failure to operate within Standard Operating Procedures.
- Building, roof, and wall system failure as a result of wind, tornado, hurricane, long term deterioration, overloading, or inadequate design and construction.
- Residential attic and basement foundation failure due to design and long-term deterioration.
Civil Engineering and Structural Engineering Experience
Our Civil Engineering and Structural Engineering experts provide a broad, multi-disciplinary approach to solving engineering issues using proven scientific methods. Our team of engineers and technicians provide solid results and answers to your investigative questions. In addition to the Civil Engineering and Structural Engineering expertise, we also offer the following additional services:
- On-site accident or incident inspections including expert measurement and the use laser scanning of the accident or collapse evidence.
- Aerial (Drone/UAS) inspections and scene documentation including video, photography, and mapping, utilizing photogrammetry.
- Laboratory testing in accordance with prepared destructive testing protocols.
- Evidence collection, preservation and management. Our video monitored facility in Naperville, IL allows for the secure collection and storage of artifacts, wreckage, and evidence from civil engineering projects and cases.
Contact us to learn how the civil engineering and structural experts at Professional Analysis and Consulting, Inc., can find solutions for your unique situation or needs.